Renovating, creating, or refurbishing a space is an exciting time, but it can also be a stressful one. Whether it’s a room in your home, a commercial space, or an entire building, identifying unique design is no easy task.
We live in an age of instant gratification, convenience and speed. Everything can be bought online. We spend precious time trawling through numerous options, feeling overwhelmed by choice, struggling to pick out well designed, beautifully crafted products from the noise.
Whilst it may seem like a simple solution to visit hardware superstores, they are naturally unable to offer a service that’s tailored to you, the needs of your home and vision. So why should we go beyond our comfort zone and select pieces which are unique in form, structure and material?
So what makes Tasman Forge products unique?
At Tasman Forge whether you choose from our product range, or consider a custom design, all our pieces are hand forged and made from scratch. This process is known as Wrought iron, where the iron is heated before being worked with tools to shape it. Wrought iron is characteristically fibrous in appearance, somewhat softer, and resists fatigue.
Typically most hardware retailers whose range claims to include Bespoke products are actually using Cast Iron. This is iron that has been melted, poured into a mould and allowed to cool, and is generally hard and brittle.
The Wrought Iron process is more time consuming, and each piece is distinctive and unique – unlike cast products. Therefore even when you choose from our existing range of door handles for example, your handle is truly bespoke.
We make approximately 20 door handles of one design at any one time. Each is then hand blasted and painted. Once finished, the most similar paired together. When we produce a pair of handles, it’s barely noticeable that there’s any difference between the two.
Here’s our Top 5 reasons to invest in unique wrought ironwork for your home:
- A truly original object stands out from the crowd. It is unique and exclusive to your home, and transforms a space you will appreciate daily.
- You can rest assured quality pieces last for years, and stand the test of time, adding value to your property.
- No two handmade products are identical. This gives the design a sense of individuality that cannot be replicated by the mass production process.
- Pieces with a unique aesthetic are introduced to you home. These rarer designs, materials, and finishes stay relevant for years to come.
- A handcrafted item is designed and created using proven methods, and invites your input into the design. Specific requirements can’t often be met by mass produced products.
So ask yourself, what type of consumer am I? If you’re concerned with quality, longevity and unique style, contact us to see if handmade is what you’re looking for. At Tasman Forge we continually strive to produce designs we’re proud of. For our customers, this ensures an investment in great products, our knowledge, experience, and the benefits of an intimate service.